The Wood Burditt Group conducts FDA-related due diligence in connection with corporate transactions involving the purchase or sale of businesses involved with
FDA-regulated products. In these situations, we are typically retained by and work closely with corporate transactional law firms that do not have partners or associates with in-depth expertise in FDA regulatory law. Transactions in which the attorneys at The Wood Burditt Group have conducted due diligence working with large transactional law firms include:
- The 1999 acquisition of General Nutrition Corporation by Numico
- The 2002 acquisition of Unilever’s Mazola branded cooking oil and corn products business by ACH Food Companies, Inc.
- The 2004 acquisition of Tones Brothers, Inc. by ACH Food Companies, Inc.
- The 2005 acquisition of Alpharma’s generic drug business by Actavis
- And several additional confidential transactions which closed but were not made public